Dr Jebreen was born and raised here in Sudbury Ontario. After high school he attended McMaster University to get his degree in Biopsychology. He then attended Laurentian University where he pursued a degree in Anthropology and graduated with honors. Continuing his interest in Anthropology, he then attained a Masters in Anthropology with a subspecialty in medical anthropology. During the masters program is when Dr. Jebreen stumbled upon Naturopathic Medicine and fell in love with the field.
In 2001, Dr. Jebreen began the Naturopathic Medicine program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and graduated in 2005. Since then, Dr. Jebreen has been serving the Sudbury community and helping his patients with a wide variety of acute and chronic illness. When Dr. Jebreen isn’t here at South Sudbury Wellness, he enjoys time with his wife and 2 daughters. He also enjoys doing continuing education courses ranging from cancer treatments and neurological conditions.
Dr. Erika McDonald is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and member of the College of Naturopaths of Ontario. She attained an Honours Degree in Behavioural Neuroscience from Laurentian University in Sudbury Ontario, where she performed biomolecular research at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine during her thesis year. Recognizing the need to reconcile her passion for the health sciences with a personal, holistic approach, Dr. McDonald enrolled at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto. During her fourth year, she completed a 12-month internship at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic. She also had the opportunity to intern at the Brampton Naturopathic Teaching Clinic, the first Naturopathic Clinic to be located in a hospital in Canada, where she collaborated with other health care practitioners to offer improved patient care. Dr. McDonald was part of a team providing free naturopathic health care at Anishnabe Health Clinic, Toronto.
A native Sudburian, Dr McDonald is proud to be able to return to her hometown to practice naturopathic medicine. She has a special interest in healthy aging, the mind-body connection and mental health, further inspired by her background in neuroscience. When she is not at the clinic, she enjoys spending time at the family camp on Kukagami Lake, traveling with friends and family and hiking with her dog Jack.
Originally from beautiful Manitoulin Island, Jason Brandow began his education by attaining a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation from LSSU. This program gave him great insight into the functions of the body, the interrelationships between its systems, and how to design therapeutic programs to treat a wide variety of muscular and skeletal injuries and diseases.
With the determination to be able to help more people with various conditions and injuries, he then began the Osteopathic Manual Practitioner program at the Canadian College of Osteopathy (CCO) in Toronto, adding another 5 years to his education and hands-on training. Jason also added an additional 3 years of research in osteopathic principles, and was awarded the coveted A.T Still Award for his excellent work after successfully defending his thesis in November 2012. Along with working here at our clinic, Jason is also a professor at the Canadian College of Osteopathy and works as a student clinic monitor to help prepare the future generation of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners here in Ontario.
Jason has no specialty in any one area of the body and considers himself a “global” Osteopathic Practitioner, meaning he can assess and treat any part of the body brought to him. 80% of Jason's clients come in for low back pain, neck and shoulder pain, or headache pain. The other 20% is Jason's sub-specialty of Prenatal and Postnatal care of pregnant women, new mothers, and newborn babies. Jason has taken years to develop his skills in order to successfully treated a wide variety of infant issues with early intervention of newborns with colic, breathing issues, poor digestion, latching difficulty, chronic ear or chest infections, jaundice, and gas issues. The youngest baby ever brought in for treatment was only 2 days old.
Jason has most recently completed new courses on the treatment of Post Concussion Syndrome. By improving the circulation of the brain and brain stem, Jason has already had great success in treating many post concussion syndrome patients, as well as vertigo, and migraines.
Calvin is an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner and is a member of the Ontario Osteopathic Association. He completed his undergraduate degree at both Brock and McMaster University. Athletics were a big part of his undergraduate degree where he participated in three different university sports. Once graduated, Calvin enrolled in the Canadian Academy of Osteopathy, a 4 year program where he was trained as an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner M.OMSc. Now, Calvin's passion for the treating the human body and helping others is demonstrated at our clinic.